The staff of West Friendship Elementary School is focused on working with students and their families to promote positive behavior in all school settings. We have three school rules which are reinforced daily.
- Be Respectful
- Be Responsible
- Remember Self-Control
When the school rules are followed, students have an opportunity to be recognized for their efforts by receiving Tiger tickets in order to receive weekly and monthly incentives. When school rules are not followed, specific consequences result based on the behavior.
Consequences for Inappropriate Behavior
Students have been taught the school rules for classroom and non-classroom settings. If a child does not follow one of the three school rules, the following procedure is followed:
- Student receives a verbal warning stating which rule was broken and what the expectations are.
- Student receives a second warning stating which rule was broken and what the expectations are.
- Student receives a Tiger Report to be taken home and signed by a parent/guardian. Consequences may be imposed by the teacher.
**Certain actions warrant immediate administrative involvement such as fighting, using inappropriate language, possession of contraband or weapons, harassment, and threats.
How is this program different from other school behavior programs?
- The program is a proactive approach that acknowledges positive behavior rather than a reactive approach toward unacceptable behavior
- Teachers are acknowledged for noticing positive student behavior.
- Routines, language, and expectations with respect to appropriate school behavior are explicitly taught and consistent throughout the entire school.
- Students are given a Tiger Ticket when they are caught being respectful, responsible, and remembering self control.
- Students will bring home a copy of their earned Tiger Ticket to share with you.
- Tiger Tickets will be used to earn classroom incentives.